The Kybalion is a book from 1908 which explores the essence of the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus, the father of hermetic philosophy. A primary component of these teachings revolve around the 7 universal laws (principles). The 7 principles from the Kybalion are:
- The Principle of Mentalism: “All is mind”
- The Principle of Correspondence: “As above, so below”
- The Principle of Vibration: “Motion is manifest in everything”
- The Principle of Polarity: “Everything is dual…everything has its pole”
- The Principle of Cause/Effect: “There is a cause for every effect”
- The Principle of Gender: “Gender is manifested in everything”
We’ve asked our guide (JOB) for a new interpretation of these laws/principles of the universe, which we will begin sharing today.
“Exploring the Laws of the Universe: The Law of Opposites (The Principle of Polarity)”
Our exploration of the laws of the Universe begin with the made law of opposites (the principle of polarity). Everything that exists has its opposite. Male, female…hot/cold, water/fire, earth/air. All are opposite, but only in degree, not in being in unequal part of the Universe.
The made law is to understand there will always be polarity and contrast, but this is how the Universe is designed, to grow and expand through contrast and to allow all experiences to be made manifest.