The Magic of Trees is a book by Tess Whitehurst explores the sacred wisdom, and metaphysical properties of trees.
Whitehurst describes the book by saying:
“Bring positive change and nourishment to your body, mind, and spirit by connecting with the deep wisdom and power of trees. Featuring detailed descriptions of the magical and energetic properties of more than one hundred trees, this comprehensive guide shows you how to work with them―physically and spiritually―through rituals, spells, aromatherapy, visualization, and more.
Trees are symbols of the interconnectedness of life and represent the interwoven web of everything magical. The Magic of Trees helps you tap into that web and enrich your life. From Acacia to Yew and many others in between, each tree has an encyclopedic entry that features its history, magical uses, medicinal uses, and correspondences. With this book’s guidance, you’ll find that the trees around you can be beloved friends, teachers, and magical partners.”
The Magic of Trees will be published on January 8, 2017 – and is currently available on Amazon.com for pre-order.
Below is an example of what magic you can find in the book, and to learn more about the author’s work, click here.
9 Magical Trees That Help Enhance Spirituality, Intuition and Psychic Ability
- Acacia: An extremely potent spiritual protector, acacia’s magical properties align humans with the spiritual/divine realm. Psychic abilities can become enhanced with acacia, and smudging/creating an incense with it protects you from negative energies, by unification with divinity.
- Elder: Although physically small, this plant is a magical giant. Wise, and elegantly aloof – the complexities of her spirutal vibe can be compared to the Moon Card of the tarot. Elder assists in blessings, fairy communication, feminine power, shifts/transitions, healing, intuition, and magic.
- Kamani: The Kamani tree shares its energy with the protective spirit Nyamplugan, a giant, protective bat. Bats are associated with intuiton and clairvoyance as they are required to “see” in the dark using sonar/sensory stimuli. Kamani helps to aid in seing what is not visible to the physical eye by allowing you to enhance your clairvoyance and intuition.
- Kapok: Kapok’s magical uses include exploring altered consciousness, uniting with the divine masculine, and aligning you with the energies of Jupiter.
- Manzanita: Manzanita (“little apple”) is a fiery, vitalizing and uplifting plant that can be used in Mojo Ritual. To tap into this energy, sit in quiet contemplation, and admire the magical energy of Manzanita and gently request that she share some of it with you.
- Mesquite: Mesquite is a magical and mysterious plant that can be used to enhance creativity, visions, and healing.
- Pink Silk Tree: This tree’s magical properties aid in happiness and sensitivity. If you are already empathic, or extremely sensitive – it may not be necessary to work with her, but if you are feeling closed off spiritually, Pink Silk Tree will open you up to new emotional heights.
- Silk Floss: Related to both the kapok, and the baobob, Silk Floss is a gorgeous, spiky, pink-flowered South American tree with an otherworldly vibration all her own. She is magically used for attraction, femininity, and spiritual awakening.
- Yew: With a magical resume that is both impressive and unique, Yew is sacred to the Celts, and many scholars now believe that Yggdrasil (the world tree in Nordic mythology) was actually a Yew (not an ash as previously believed). It’s magical uses include initiation, death/rebirth/eternity, hallowed ground, longevity, and shamanic visions.
Special thanks to Llewellyn Worldwide.