Featured art by Alex Grey
Astral travel for beginners…what to expect, and five steps for exploration.
Relax and enjoy yourself
As you enter into the world of astral travel for beginners, you might look forward to becoming an expert, able to project yourself to any chosen destination at any time. For the time being though, accept that you are a beginner and ensure that you have all that you need in terms of peace and quiet when you try this for the first time. The best times of the day to try astral projection for beginners are either just after you wake up in the morning or just before falling asleep at night. The best place will most probably be your bedroom; it’s usually where you are most relaxed.
What does Astral Travel for beginners feel like?
Different people will experience different sensations when trying astral projection. You may see things, moving shapes or lights for example, even though your eyes are shut. You should certainly feel relaxed, and if you feel comfortable enough then you are on the way to being released from your physical body. Sometimes though, if you try too hard to relax, it has the opposite effect, so don’t approach it like a job.
What to wear or not
Astral travel for beginners requires that you prepare yourself thoroughly, and dress appropriately in loose-fitting and comfortable clothes. Alternatively it is perfectly acceptable to wear nothing at all. You should be aware however that when you astral travel, the temperature of your body drops slightly just as your physical body falls to sleep. So get yourself a sheet or even a thin blanket just to drape over yourself and make up for the temperature drop.
The beginners guide to floating
When you manage to achieve astral projection, your consciousness & astral body leave the physical body together. You have your senses of sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste as you float through the astral plane. This is not dangerous, physically your body is not floating at all and while you are traveling, nothing can enter your physical body except for your astral body. Should you feel fear or sense danger as you travel, your astral body returns immediately.
Relax but don’t sleep
Relaxation techniques are an important part of the process of astral travel. As a beginner, you may well find it helpful to follow written instructions until the routine becomes ingrained in you. Also, getting comfortable, as you begin to breathe in and out slowly, you need to be careful not to fall asleep. You will have your eyes closed, and as you relax it is natural that your body might want to go to sleep. As you begin your travels, you will start using your astral senses. When you try to open your eyes in your astral body, as a beginner you might find this causes a reflex action of opening your eyes in your physical body.
The road to mental and spiritual health
Astral projection for beginners promises amazing experiences and adventures. Take your time, keep your mind open and you will get there, reaping the benefits of mental strength and spiritual calm.
5 Astral Travel Tips
Astral traveling for beginners is not too different from that of the people that are more experienced; the main difference being is in how you get to and how you handle the new experience. There are many things that you need to do and understand before you can successfully get to enjoy your own travel into the fifth dimension.
When you are preparing, here are 5 tips that could help you find your path sooner than others:
1. Understand the process – most people who want to experience astral projection are just plain curious and nothing else. They have no idea of what this really is and what it involves. It is always good to find some material that tells you about astral travel for beginners so you completely and thoroughly understand what this is, how this is done and what are its benefits/drawbacks. People who plunge into this for “adventure” are likely to either fail terribly or get into trouble.
2. Find an appropriate guide– as with every new skill or activity, you would need a teacher. The biggest fallacy and one that is difficult to explain is that people think that just by reading something about astral projection for beginners qualifies them to try it and be successful at it. You need to understand that this is an acquired skill which requires many hours of serious training of both body and mind and you need to show plenty of patience and perseverance before you see any real results. Find yourself a reputed and experienced guide who will be able to help you hands on and explain to you all the things that you can see and experience during your astral travel.
3. Use appropriate aids – the best thing you will find when looking for astral travel for beginners is that they have audio aids for them. While veterans learnt to control their minds and enjoy OBE (out of body experience) at will, beginners would do good if they use some good aids such as specially recorded audios meant to fast-forward this process. These types of sounds usually promote the shifting of brain frequencies for the ones that are most conducive for astral projection.
4. Stop looking for “it” – a most common mistake found in astral projection for beginners is that people keep looking for “it” to happen. If you find yourself at every step asking whether “this is it?” you will never get to experience it. Why? Because when you start thinking in this manner you will think about your physical body and when you do, the separation becomes impossible. You will need to stop waiting for it to happen – and just go ahead and experience the astral travel with no questions asked.
5. Invoke the help of an astral guide – veterans say that everyone can have an astral guide if they look and ask for it. Ask for the help of your astral guide and let it help you through your journey into the fifth dimension. Many guides on astral travel for beginners will explain in detail how to seek out this astral mentor and how to make the best use of its presence.
Article originally published on in5d.com