A Little History…
Four Thieves Vinegar originated back in the 14th (or 18th) century, during the outbreak of the European plague in Marseille or Toulouse, France. The legend tells of a group of thieves who would rob the sick, and the dead – without catching the deadly disease. It is believed that when the thieves were finally caught, they offered to reveal their secret recipe for immunity from the plague, in exchange for leniency.
The specific vinegar composition is still thought to be a powerful homeopathic recipe, which can be drank by the teaspoonful, used as a salad dressing, or added to your bath water for personal protection. It treats illness, strengthens immunity, prevents dandruff and foot fungus, and can also be used as a natural insect repellant.
It is also viewed as an extremely potent magical potion as well. Four Thieves Vinegar is believed to provide personal protection from disease and magical attack, especially if the attack is ongoing and looks to continue for a time. It can also be used for strength and to weaken your enemies or to make a family quarrel and fall out among themselves. This can be used for good, but it is primarily viewed as a hexing agent – so this must be used with EXTREME caution and care, if the intention is for magical purposes.
How to Make Four Thieves Vinegar:
- One gallon of apple cider vinegar
- crushed garlic
- ½ tsp organic thyme leaf
- ½ tsp organic peppercorns
- 1 ounce of powdered camphor gum
- To a gallon of apple cider vinegar, add a handful of rosemary, wormwood, lavender, rue, sage and mint. Sprinkle in the thyme, peppercorns, and crushed garlic and add 1 ounce of powdered camphor gum.
- Mix all ingredients together for about one minute.
- Take the mixture and add it to a large mason jar, and tightly close the container.
- Shake the mixture for about 20-30 seconds, then place the container in a pot of water, and heat the until the water in the pot begins to boil.
- Heat daily for 4 days in a row, repeating this process of boiling in the pot – and then removing the container.
- After 4 days, strain the herbs from the liquid in the container, bottle again, and keep tightly closed.
Take three pints of strong white wine vinegar, add a handful of each of wormwood, meadowsweet, wild marjoram and sage, fifty cloves, two ounces of campanula roots, two ounces of angelic, rosemary and horehound and three large measures of champhor. Place the mixture in a container for fifteen days, strain and express then bottle.
To learn more about Four Thieves Vinegar, and to find a protection spell that resonates – visit LuckyMojo.com.