The goal of this ongoing series is to allow each of our readers to tap into their psychic/intuitive/magickal abilities, in order to live a life where magic occurs effortlessly each day.
Whether the magic is in the experiences you manifest, the messages you intuit, the desires you fulfill, or the vision which allows you to see the world through a new lens – the intention is to awaken whatever is latent, so you may have an expansive life, without any limitation.
Understanding your latent abilities, on a psychic/intuitive level, is integral as you begin to activate your fully awakened self – and in order to understand, we must first identify…
There are 7 different types of psychic/intuitive strength(s), which are called the “clairs”, which means “clear” in French. The seven clairs are as follows…
- Clairvoyance (clear seeing, or psychic vision): During your day, do you usually pay the most attention to how things look? If so, you probably are most open to a visual perspective and clairvoyance, or psychic vision.
- Clairaudience (clear hearing, or psychic hearing): Are you someone who really zeroes in on sounds, tones, what is said, rhythm and music? When taking tests in school and trying to recall the right material, did you do best when you remembered hearing the teacher’svoice explaining the information (as opposed to recalling seeing the information in your notes)? Do you sing, play musical instruments or compose music? Can you easily hear when someone is lying to you? If so, you might be more open to an auditory perspective and clairaudience, or psychic hearing.
- Clairsentience (clear feeling/sensing or psychic feeling/sensing, including clairempathy): If you tend to focus most on how things physically and emotionally feel to you during your day, chances are you are most open to a feeling or sensing-based perspective and clairsentience or psychic feeling/sensing. What you remember and learn most easily is probably associated with emotions you felt and perhaps a physical or kinesthetic (having to do with awareness of your body’s position, balance or movement) experience.
- Clairtangency (clear touching or more commonly, psychometry): Another form of clairsentience is clairtangency, most often called psychometry. It describes the experience of receiving information or impressions about a person, place, animal or event as a result of your sense of touch. It is one of the easiest of the types of psychic abilities to open up to experiencing more.
- Claircognizance (clear knowing or psychic knowing): Claircognizance (or psychic knowing) and all other psychic abilities make perfect sense considering who we really are. A small part of who we are has expression physically here on Earth. And the bigger part of who we are is nonphysical, our spiritual Source within. All types of psychic abilities give us access to communication with our nonphysical Inner Beings.So with claircognizance, you are receiving wisdom and information from your Inner Being, in the form of ideas, concepts, and thoughts that suddenly come into your mind. With your receptivity, you have access to information you didn’t have before, in much the same way as a computer does once it’s finished downloading something. The skill comes in knowing what is claircognizance and what is your own mind chatter.
- Clairgustance (clear tasting or psychic tasting, sometimes also called clairambience)/ clairalience (clear smelling or psychic smelling, sometimes also called clairscent): Clairgustance (or psychic tasting) and clairalience (or psychic smelling, sometimes also called clairscent) are psychic abilities that are less commonly experienced. With clairgustance, the tasting of the essence of a substance or food occurs without anything that could cause the taste being in your mouth. And with clairalience, the smelling of a substance or food occurs without anything that could be the cause of the fragrance or odor being in your physical presence.
Which psychic strength do you resonate with most?
For our next edition, I will give you a series of exercises for each “clair” to further develop their strength, and to test your abilities through practice…
Until next time…