The Lord’s Prayer is extremely venerated by Christians/Catholics alike, as this prayer was an original given to Jesus by God to teach his disciples. However, there is an interesting theory that finds a curious link between this prayer, and 7 chakras.
First, lets investigate the chakra system. The 7 chakras start from the top of your head, and work their way down to the base of your spine.
According to ChakraEnergy.com the corresponding names, colors, energies, and location are as follows:
1. Crown Chakra:
- Colour Association: Violet
- Sanskit Name: Sahasrara
- Location: Top of head
- Lesson: Knowingness–The right to aspire. Dedication to the divine consciousness and trusting the universe. Learning about one’s spirituality. Our connection to the concept of “God” or a higher intelligence. Integrating one’s consciousness and subconsciousness into the superconsciousness.
- Imbalances: Headaches. Photosensitivity. Mental illness. Neuralgia.Senility. Right/left brain disorders and coordination problems. Epilepsy. Varicose veins and blood vessel problems. Skin Rashes.
- Crown Stimulants: Focusing on dreams. Writing down one’s visions and inventions. Violet food & drink. Violet gemstones and violet clothing. Using violet oils such as lavender or jasmine essential oils.
2. Third Eye Chakra:
- Colour Association: Indigo
- Sanskit Name: Anja
- Location: Forehead, in between the eyes.
- Lesson: Intuition–The right to “see.” Trusting one’s intuition and insights. Developing one’s psychic abilities. Self-realization. Releasing hidden and repressed negative thoughts.
- Imbalances: Learning disabilities, co-ordination problems, sleep disorders.
- Depression: Thyroid imbalances, swollen glands. Fevers and flu. Infections. Mouth, jaw, tongue, neck and shoulders problems. Hyperactivity. Hormonal disorders such as PMS, mood swings, bloating and menopause.
- Brow Stimulants: Star gazing. Mediation Indigo food & drink. Indigo gemstones and indigo clothing. Using indigo oils such as patchouli or frankincense essential oils.
3. Throat Chakra:
- Colour Association: Blue
- Sanskit Name: Visuddha
- Location: Throat region
- Lesson: Relationships–The right to speak. Learning to express oneself and one’s beliefs (truthful expression). Ability to trust. Loyalty. Organization and planning.
- Imbalances: Thyroid imbalances, swollen glands. Fevers and flu. Infections. Mouth, jaw, tongue, neck and shoulders problems. Hyperactivity. Hormonal disorders such as PMS, mood swings, bloating and menopause.
- Throat Stimulants: Singing (in the shower), poetry, stamp or art collecting. Meaningful conversations. Blue food & drink. Blue gemstones and blue clothing. Using blue oils such as chamomile or geranium essential oils.
4. Heart Chakra:
- Colour Association: Green
- Sanskit Name: Anahata
- Location: Center of chest
Lesson: Relationships–The right to love. Love, forgiveness, compassion. Ability to have self-control. Acceptance of oneself.
- Imbalances: Heart and breathing disorders. Heart and breast cancer. Chest pain. High blood pressure. Passivity. Immune system problems. Muscular tension.
- Heart Stimulants: Nature walks, time spent with family or friends. Green food & drink. Green gemstones and green clothing. Using green oils such as eucalyptus or pine essential oils.
5. Solar Plexus Chakra:
Colour Association: Yellow
- Sanskit Name: Manipura
- Location: Above the navel, stomach area
- Lesson: Personal power–The right to think. Balance of intellect, self-confidence and ego power. Ability to have self-control and humor.
- Imbalances: Digestive problems, ulcers, diabetes, hypoglycemia, constipation. Nervousness, toxicity, parasites, colitis, poor memory.
- Solar Plexus Stimulants: Taking classes, reading informative books, doing mind puzzles. Sunshine. Detoxication programs. Yellow food & drink. Yellow gemstones and yellow clothing. Using yellow oils such as lemon or rosemary essential oils.
6. Spleen/Sacral Chakra:
- Colour Association: Orange
- Sanskit Name: Svadisthana
- Location: Below navel, lower abdomen
- Lesson: Feelings—The right to feel. Connected to our sensing abilities and issues related to feelings. Ability to be social and intimacy issues.
- Imbalances: Eating disorders. Alcohol and drug abuse. Depression.Low back pain. Asthma or allergies. Candida & yeast infections. Urinary problems. Sensuality issues as well as impotency and frigidity.
- Spleen Stimulants: Hot aromatic baths, water aerobics, massage.Embracing sensation (such as different food tastes). Orange food & drink. Orange gemstones and orange clothing. Using orange oils such as melissa or orange essential oils.
7. Root/Base Chakra:
- Colour Association: Red
- Sanskit Name: Muladhara
- Location: Base of spine, coccyx
- Lesson: Survival–The right to exist. Deals with tasks related to the material and physical world. Ability to stand up for oneself and security issues.
- Imbalances: Anemia, fatigue, lower back pain, sciatica, depression. Frequent colds or cold hands and cold feet.
- Root Stimulants: Physical exercise and restful sleeps, gardening, pottery and clay. Red food & drink. Red gemstones, red clothing, bathing in red, etc. Using red oils such as ylang ylang or sandalwood essential oils.
The Our Lord’s Prayer has several different versions, see: The Enochian Ritual, but for this connected “dot” the prayer is as follows…
Our Father who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil
For Thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory
Forever, and ever Amen
If we combine the chakra system, and the prayer, the coincidence of connection is fascinating, and while not proven, it is quite curious to ponder. While the interpretation, is up for interpretation, keep an open mind and stay open to your own interpretation as well…
- “Our Father who art in Heaven” + Crown Chakra:
- Establishing the connection to that which is above us. As above, so below. “Our connection to the concept of “God” or higher intelligence. Integrating one’s consciousness and subconsciousness into the superconsciousness.”
- “Hallowed be Thy Name” + Third Eye:
- Hallowed is the name because the sight of the third eye gives us the vision to establish the understanding that to truly name God is impossible. The third eye is the sacred space that connects us to the space that is sacred…the hallowed ground of God-ness.
- “Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done” + Throat Chakra:
- Think of the definition of Abracadabra, which essentially is “as I speak, I create”. Being mindful of the throat chakra in conjunction with the will of your words is the main idea communicated here.
- “On Earth as it is in Heaven” + Heart Chakra:
- In many ancient cultures the congruent notion of the sacred heart is not separate from the Christian idea. Jesus had a fully awakened heart, the “sacred space” was fully activated. The confusion is that his heart was THE sacred heart, but the Heavenly truth is that we all have the ability to awaken the divine spark within us. This is “gnosis” – connecting the below, to the above, the within to the without. Making Heaven on Earth, by living truly in our hearts.
- “Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us” + Solar Plexus =
- The Solar Plexus, like the third eye, is another center of intuition – but it is the intuition center for ego-based conflict. “Personal power–The right to think. Balance of intellect, self-confidence, and ego power. Ability to have self-control and humor.”Daily “bread”, can be viewed as the “spiritual nutrition” from source, to keep us in alignment with our etheric selves, as opposed to the egotistical Earth nature that can lead us astray. Forgiveness of others is the “food of the gods”.
- “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil” + Spleen Chakra =
- Vice based temptations can be caused by an imbalance of feelings. When our connection to our social, and intimate feelings are astray – this can push us to lose sight and lead us into the evils that tempt us. Connecting to this chakra, and part of the prayer is a reminder to honor your feelings and be gentle to yourself. When a bad feeling presents itself, identify it, do not drown it in sorrow or mask it with one of the 7 deadly temptations of sin (the antitheses of the chakras).
- “For Thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory. Forever, and ever Amen” + Root Chakra =
- “Thine is the Kingdom” can be viewed from a metaphorical standpoint that there is no separation from God and the corporeal “meat suit” driven by our spirit in the human plane of existence. To know thyself is to know God. You were created by the creator to be creative, which is the ultimate act of Godness. The capacity for creation is infinite (forever, and ever), and remembering the path and purpose of your person is the ultimate Holy communion.
To view prayer as an art form of “communion”, and to dig deeper for the hidden “breadcrumbs” sprinkled throughout other spiritual practice is to understand God as “poetry in motion”. To say the words, while feeling and visualizing them as well, is the synthesis of seemingly unconnected systems.
To practice the concept, just be, because as we reiterate often, being is doing, and to be aware is to be prepared for any “obstacle” you are presented with.