Throughout the course of our lives, we remain on a constant search for love until we find the “one” who is the all encompassing person that we just can’t live with out. Along the journey of finding this “one”, however, you may find many other “ones” along the way.
These relationships are not to be discounted by any means, because each great love serves as a mirror to reflect the person you were at the time of the relationship, so you can grow into your next best self. Each of these loves are a facet of your soul, and in actuality are your Soulmates. You don’t just have one Soulmate, you have many. This is because the soul is temporary, the soul of what makes you, “you”, resides in your solar plexus, and dissolves back into spirit upon death.
Spirit is eternal, the permanent impermanence of which we all come from, and we all return to. Spirit is the one hologram from which all creation, imagination, inspiration eternally exists.
Our Soulmates are our mirrors, the temporary moments in time of lessons that were learned through love, to reveal our true selves. Our Spirit-mate is the person presented to us when we are living as our authentic self, and the mirror image that reflects back is no longer a lesson, but is instead the answer. Some metaphysical teachings refer to the Spirit-mate as your “Twin Flame”, which is a similar concept. The Twin Flame/Spirit-mate, according to Wikipedia, is:
According to the mythology of Twin Flames, in the beginning of time we were created from one source, that was split into smaller and smaller units down to two souls (and on rare occasions, halves of one soul) that would journey to Earth to learn an experience duality. They would reincarnate over lifetimes with this longing for each other, often meeting until, they would reunite and then leave this physical plane as one.
When you have found your Spirit-mate, you will know by experiencing some of the following signs:
– An overwhelming sense of love and attraction.
– A sense of completion that goes beyond words.
– A magnetism to the other stronger than anything you have ever experienced.
– You will complement one another.
– The ability to literally feel one another whether you are with or without your partner physically.
– A feeling that you are so close, you just might be related – like a brother or a sister.
– A complete and total breakdown of your lives as you knew them upon finding one another.
– The power to touch the other without physical means from great distances.
– Synchronicities will be abundant. You may find yourselves calling, emailing and texting one another at the exact same time. You may also find yourselves buying each other the same gifts.
– You may feel your heart wanting to jump out of your chest at the sound of his or her voice.
– The ability to feel each others emotions, whether they be happy or sad ones, from great distances.
– The ability to contact one another just by thinking of the other or meditating and have confirmation the other knows and/or have the same spiritual experience together.
– The desire to be with one another no matter what the obstacle blocking your way.
– The ability to dream of your partner in their current state and verify the accuracy of that dream, later.
– You may notice the ability to collapse time as you knew it. Upon your coming together, time itself will cease to exist.
– When you and your partner are out and about, you may notice the eyes of everyone are upon you. Your love for one another will shine so brightly, that it is not uncommon for those near or around you, to be drawn TO YOU! And even though they won’t understand what it is the both of you have, they are fed by the beauty of the love.
– You may find yourselves completing each others sentences, sometimes even before you have the chance to begin them.
We all incarnate on this plane to experience different “missions”, to complete our different karma, and to fulfill our individual destinies. Not every incarnation will allow you to find your Spirit-mate, but if this is a gift you receive in this lifetime, it is precious beyond words.
You can read more about what signs to expect upon meeting your Spirit-mate by visiting Collapsing Duality.